Honda Cub [Tourist Rental]
One of the cutest motorbikes ever produced. The Honda Cub might lack power, but its 50cc engine means it’s perfectly legal to ride without a driving licence!
*Please note that, because the bike has such a small engine, for all Honda Cub Rentals you are limited to the city in which you rent the bike. If you’re looking to do some touring, please check out our other semi-automatic, and our manual bikes instead!
The Honda Cub has been in production for decades and, with its iconic design and reliable little 50cc engine, remains one of the most popular motorbikes in Vietnam. As well as being extremely light, easy to ride and economical, these bikes are legal to ride without a license!
The Honda Cub is a great option if you’re looking for something reliable to take you round the city but because the engine is so small it’s not really suitable for heavier riders or for those wanting to carry a pillion. It’s a small city bike, so if you want to do any travelling we’d recommend something larger, like the semi-automatic Honda Wave Blade or Honda Future, or the automatic Yamaha Nuovo.
|Dry Weight||95 kg|
|Seat Height||700 mm|
|Transmission||semi-automatic (4 speed)|
|Fuel Capacity||4.3 litres|
*Please bear in mind that, because we stock a few different models of each bike, your model’s specifications may differ slightly from those shown above.
Our Tourist Rental Package is designed for riders who don’t live and work in Vietnam, or who are looking to travel around the country.
- The price for Honda Cub Tourist Rental is $5/day. If you rent for 6 days we offer a 7th day free, which comes to $30/week.
- We require a deposit of either $500 or your passport. Your passport must be valid, and contain the visa with which you entered Vietnam.
- There is no mileage limit for Tourist Rentals but, because the bike has such a small engine, all Honda Cub Rentals are limited to the city in which you rent the bike.
- If you experience any problems with your bike during the rental period, you must call us immediately so we can help you. While we trust our customers, we don’t necessarily trust local roadside mechanics.
- We service our bikes before and after each rental, but if you’re renting for a long time or riding a lot please let us know when you hit 1,000-1,500km so we can get your bike serviced. You can take it to one of our shops or, alternatively, we’ll recommend a mechanic and reimburse you the cost when you return your bike to us.
- Please note that motorbike insurance is almost impossible to come by in Vietnam. This means that, while we will cover the cost of a breakdown, you will be liable for the cost of repairs in the case of a crash, or the cost of a replacement bike in the case of yours being lost, stolen or damaged beyond repair.
Looking for Expat Rental instead?