Yamaha Nuovo [Tourist Rental]
Our most powerful automatic scooter. The Yamaha Nuovo is very quick, is great for carrying a pillion and has plenty of storage under the seat.
*Please note that this is an automatic bike, meaning you’ll be limited to the city in which you rent the bike and its immediate vicinity. This is for your own safety: automatic scooters lack the power to be ridden for extended periods of time, and they do not handle steep or poorly maintained roads well. If you’re looking to do some touring, please check out our semi-automatic and manual bikes instead!
Our biggest automatic scooter, with a 135cc engine, large wheels and plenty of space under the seat (though, not as much as the Honda Lead). The Yamaha Nuovo has plenty of power, and deals well with a pillion and luggage. They’re pretty heavy and their fuel economy isn’t great, but the’re unbelievably quick.
You’ll often see backpackers touring Vietnam on these bikes since they’re relatively inexpensive and parts for them are cheap and easy to come by. While they can be good for touring, we’d always recommend a bike with gears instead, like our semi-automatic Honda Future or our manual Honda XR 150, since they deal a lot better with steep hills and give you more control over your speed.
|Dry Weight||130 kg|
|Seat Height||776 mm|
|Fuel Capacity||4.8 litres|
*Please bear in mind that, because we stock a few different models of each bike, your model’s specifications may differ slightly from those shown above.
Our Tourist Rental Package is designed for riders who don’t live and work in Vietnam, or who are looking to travel around the country.
- The price for Yamaha Nuovo Tourist Rental is $10/day. If you rent for 6 days we offer a 7th day free, which comes to $60/week.
- We require a deposit of either $500 or your passport. Your passport must be valid, and contain the visa with which you entered Vietnam.
- There is no mileage limit for Tourist Rentals but, since the this is an automatic scooter, you are limited to the city in which you rent the bike and its immediate vicinity. This is for your own safety: automatic scooters lack the power to be ridden for extended periods of time, and they do not handle steep or poorly maintained roads well.
- If you experience any problems with your bike during the rental period, you must call us immediately so we can help you. While we trust our customers, we don’t necessarily trust local roadside mechanics.
- We service our bikes before and after each rental, but if you’re renting for a long time or riding a lot please let us know when you hit 1,000-1,500km so we can get your bike serviced. You can take it to one of our shops or, alternatively, we’ll recommend a mechanic and reimburse you the cost when you return your bike to us.
- Please note that motorbike insurance is almost impossible to come by in Vietnam. This means that, while we will cover the cost of a breakdown, you will be liable for the cost of repairs in the case of a crash, or the cost of a replacement bike in the case of yours being lost, stolen or damaged beyond repair.
Looking for Expat Rental instead?