Honda Lead [Tourist Rental]
The Honda Lead is a large scooter with a lot of power. It allows for step-through access and has a monster of a boot.
*Please note that this is an automatic bike, meaning you’ll be limited to the city in which you rent the bike and its immediate vicinity. This is for your own safety: automatic scooters lack the power to be ridden for extended periods of time, and they do not handle steep or poorly maintained roads well. If you’re looking to do some touring, please check out our semi-automatic and manual bikes instead!
The Honda Lead is another hugely popular automatic scooter. Designed pretty much exclusively for riding in the city, it’s comfortable and has got a huge amount of storage space under the seat as well as a unique, almost art deco design.
This is a great city bike and it can handle short trips well enough. Because it’s an automatic, is relatively heavy and has small wheels, though, it’s not well-suited to touring. If you’re looking to travel we’d recommend a semi-automatic like the Honda Future or a manual like the Honda XR 150 or the Honda FTR 230: they’re more powerful, they’ve got bigger tanks and they have gears so they deal better with hills and give you a lot more control.
|Dry Weight||112 kg|
|Seat Height||760 mm|
|Fuel Capacity||6 litres|
|Fuel System||fuel injection|
*Please bear in mind that, because we stock a few different models of each bike, your model’s specifications may differ slightly from those shown above.
Our Tourist Rental Package is designed for riders who don’t live and work in Vietnam, or who are looking to travel around the country.
- The price for Honda Lead Tourist Rental is $10/day. If you rent for 6 days we offer a 7th day free, which comes to $60/week.
- We require a deposit of either $500 or your passport. Your passport must be valid, and contain the visa with which you entered Vietnam.
- There is no mileage limit for Tourist Rentals but, since the this is an automatic scooter, you are limited to the city in which you rent the bike and its immediate vicinity. This is for your own safety: automatic scooters lack the power to be ridden for extended periods of time, and they do not handle steep or poorly maintained roads well.
- If you experience any problems with your bike during the rental period, you must call us immediately so we can help you. While we trust our customers, we don’t necessarily trust local roadside mechanics.
- We service our bikes before and after each rental, but if you’re renting for a long time or riding a lot please let us know when you hit 1,000-1,500km so we can get your bike serviced. You can take it to one of our shops or, alternatively, we’ll recommend a mechanic and reimburse you the cost when you return your bike to us.
- Please note that motorbike insurance is almost impossible to come by in Vietnam. This means that, while we will cover the cost of a breakdown, you will be liable for the cost of repairs in the case of a crash, or the cost of a replacement bike in the case of yours being lost, stolen or damaged beyond repair.
Looking for Expat Rental instead?